• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Prosecute Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tillie1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I received a speeding ticket in California in a radar zone (but was not radared or clocked) The speed was simply estimated because I passed a slow moving truck on a two lane bridge in earlier Sept. '09. The appearance date was 11/17/09. I appeared, received acknowledgement of the appearance and was told to keep checking the court web site. The ticket has not been filed to date with the court. The statute is 3 yrs., but @ what point is there a valid argument for failure to prosecute? Should it be done by a motion? Thanx!

moburkes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I received a speeding ticket in California in a radar zone (but was not radared or clocked) The speed was simply estimated because I passed a slow moving truck on a two lane bridge in earlier Sept. '09. The appearance date was 11/17/09. I appeared, received acknowledgement of the appearance and was told to keep checking the court web site. The ticket has not been filed to date with the court. The statute is 3 yrs., but @ what point is there a valid argument for failure to prosecute? Should it be done by a motion? Thanx!
At 3 years plus 1 day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">