• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to signal lane change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spectrum1162

What is the name of your state? texas
received citation for "failure to signal lane change",
1)it did not occur.
2)a detective witnessed the "infraction" and called a regular officer to do the stop and cite the infraction.
a subsequent FMFR was issued.

what can be done to fight this?

HomeGuru

spectrum1162 said:
1)it did not occur.
2)a detective witnessed the "infraction" and called a regular officer to do the stop and cite the infraction.

**A: then what is the story?

kiranv83

how to beat a lane changing ticket?

1)it did not occur.

sukharev

Q: what can be done to fight this?
A: Sadly, not much. Unless you had a witness, it is your word vs officer's. You can try negotiating plea bargain with DA, or proving the officer has no independent recollection. If detective is not present at trial, maybe you can claim hearsay, but I doubt it would fly.

AHA

kiranv83 said:
1)it did not occur.

Did you NOT change lanes? A detective just made it up out of the blue while you stayed in the same lane?

averad

kiranv83 said:
1)it did not occur.

Prove to us that it did not occur. Once you do that then we can help you.

ceara19

kiranv83 said:
1)it did not occur.

That's is not the WHOLE story. HOW did this transpire? Did the detective "witness" the illegal lane change and then follow you until an officer arrived? Did you change lanes and actually signal or did the lane change not even take place? Are there any traffic cameras where the incident occurred?

sukharev

averad said:
Prove to us that it did not occur. Once you do that then we can help you.
Come on, do you really think he can prove it to you? I guess you never trust OP's word on anything :rolleyes:

ceara19

sukharev said:
Come on, do you really think he can prove it to you? I guess you never trust OP's word on anything :rolleyes:
It doesn't matter if averad believes the OP or not. That was not his point. The point is that EVERYONE on the internet can BELIEVE the guys story, but if the judge doesn't buy it, it doesn't matter. If the OP can't PROVE his case here, how do you propose he PROVE it in court?

averad

ceara19 said:
It doesn't matter if averad believes the OP or not. That was not his point. The point is that EVERYONE on the internet can BELIEVE the guys story, but if the judge doesn't buy it, it doesn't matter. If the OP can't PROVE his case here, how do you propose he PROVE it in court?
Your jedi mind reading skills are quite powerfull.

ceara19

averad said:
Your jedi mind reading skills are quite powerfull.
Thank you much, I do! But unfortunately my skills are not powerful enough to figure out WHY this case has not been settled in the FOUR YEARS since the question was first asked! :cool:

AHA

ceara19 said:
Thank you much, I do! But unfortunately my skills are not powerful enough to figure out WHY this case has not been settled in the FOUR YEARS since the question was first asked! :cool:
GOOD CALL. You've got eyes like an eagle too :eek:
Pity OP doesn't answer questions.

ceara19

AHA said:
GOOD CALL. You've got eyes like an eagle too :eek:
Pity OP doesn't answer questions.
I'm on a roll today! I'm just gearing up for a meeting with the ex's new lawyer. Getting ready to walk out the door now, wish me luck! Gotta put my fighting face first :mad:

AHA

ceara19 said:
I'm on a roll today! I'm just gearing up for a meeting with the ex's new lawyer. Getting ready to walk out the door now, wish me luck! Gotta put my fighting face first :mad:
Knock 'em dead!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">