• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisbuch88

What is the name of your state? Ohio

The car in front of me made absolutely no attempt to stop at the stop sign, I came to almost a complete stop, i couldnt have been going more than 1 or 2 mph, the guy in front of me was goin at least 20, yet i am pulled over and ticketed, while he doesnt get pulled over?

Wondering what the legalities are when this is the second time this situation has happend to me, both times i was driving a red sports car, and the car in front of me was a family sedan type vehicle. Could this be profiling?

CdwJava

The fact that someone else committed the offense and did not get tagged is NOT a defense to the charge.

"Profiling" is not unlawful unless the profile includes a practice of singling out people in a protected class for disparate treatment. Even if the officer only stops red sports' cars, that would not be unlawful profiling.

Chances are, it was your car that caught his attention and not the other guy. Or, you were the one most easily caught.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">