• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to stop at stop sign/officer error on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

extra

Victor, New York, Ontario County.

Received a failure to stop at stop sign the other evening, thought I did stop, doesn't matter I got get ticket anyways. On the ticket the officer put my old address, which is on the front of my license, not my new (and current) address, which is on one of those stickers on the back of my license that the dmv gives you. Any chance I get the ticket thrown away because of this error by the officer? If not, what kind of fine and points reductions can I hope to get and how?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
which is on one of those stickers on the back of my license that the dmv gives you...
Since when does DMV issue stickers for address changes?

Any chance I get the ticket thrown away because of this error by the officer?
No chance whatsoever.

If not, what kind of fine and points reductions can I hope to get and how?
No one can answer that. It's up to the local court. Some judges/prosecutors allow more lenient pleas than others do.

Check the "not guilty" box and mail the ticket in - follow the instructions printed on the back. You'll find out when you go in for your trial or pre-trial conference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">