• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to stop when there is no stop sign? CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

-ct

Just got ticketed in CA for failure to stop at an intersection. Went back to the crimescene and was shocked to see that there was no stop sign for the direction that I was supposed to stop. The only markings for the stop was a STOP AHEAD painted on the pavement about 500 ft before the stop, and a very faded STOP with a limit line painted at the intersection. Will I be able to fight this ticket based on improper marking? If so is there a way to fight the infraction via mail? I have pictures of the intersection. -ct

CdwJava

-ct said:
Just got ticketed in CA for failure to stop at an intersection. Went back to the crimescene and was shocked to see that there was no stop sign for the direction that I was supposed to stop. The only markings for the stop was a STOP AHEAD painted on the pavement about 500 ft before the stop, and a very faded STOP with a limit line painted at the intersection. Will I be able to fight this ticket based on improper marking? If so is there a way to fight the infraction via mail? I have pictures of the intersection. -ct
What section were you cited for?

The reason I ask is that you may have been cited for failing to yield at an uncontrolled intersection ... the code section you were cited for will tell that tale.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">