• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to use right lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KSimmarano

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? -Massachusetts

I was recently cited by a kind officer for failure to use the right lane. My question is if this will count against me as far as insurance is concerned.

I was actually speeding and was in the right lane passing someone. I was following behind two other vehicles that were actually going just as fast if not faster than me. (I know it doesn't excuse me.) The officer was on the side of the raod with a radar pointing to people to pull over to the side of the road. Because I have a good record. He gave me this lesser citation. I am very thankful that I did not get a speeding violation, but I am just wondering how this will affect me.

Thank you...:eek:

Handcoc

I would go to court and fight the ticket. You are not guilty of the charge.

It matters not that you were pulled over for allegedly speeding, it is not an element of that charge. Object to any such testimony.

Judges usually don't like cops giving out these types of tickets.

I have gotten the same type of "break" before ... and I always go to court & win these.

The charge would affect you just like a speeding ticket; it may be a lower fine but your insurance will treat it the same. And that is where the big $$ comes in.

KSimmarano

Stevef- What would you recommend I do?

It does say on the citation 67 in a 50 zone and he checked off estimated, lidar and posted with a "w" (I assume it means waived?) under the column where the fine would be.

Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">