• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to yeild to emergency vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

potatodude03

yesterday i was driving home from work and had a green light at an intersection so i kept driving. as i entered the intersection a police car pulled out going perpendicular to me and stopped. i had my windows up and didnt hear the sirens until then. i hit him in the fender. my car was totaled but there were no injuries. today i was issued a ticket for failure to yeild to an emergency vehicle.
there was no way i could have seen him coming from around the corner and the light was green when i entered the intersection. theres no way im just paying this ticket. what should i do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
yesterday i was driving home from work and had a green light at an intersection so i kept driving. as i entered the intersection a police car pulled out going perpendicular to me and stopped. i had my windows up and didnt hear the sirens until then. i hit him in the fender. my car was totaled but there were no injuries. today i was issued a ticket for failure to yeild to an emergency vehicle.
there was no way i could have seen him coming from around the corner and the light was green when i entered the intersection. theres no way im just paying this ticket. what should i do?
You should follow the rules of this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">