• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yeild on left turn!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brooke60

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was waiting to turn left on green yeild, i saw that it was clear to go, then this car t-boned me, i was hurt had to take me to the trauma unit,thank goodness no one else was hurt, but the officer said that i was at fault,although i dont see it that way, the officer said that he had to write me a ticket,he also said that i could pay the fine or wait for court, any suggustions on what to do? also what kind of point would be on my lisence?

Many thanks.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I was waiting to turn left on green yeild...
You mean a green LIGHT?

Just because you claim you saw the road was clear does not make it so - your actions are the primary cause of the accident. It was your responsibility to yield to oncoming traffic when making the turn.

It's unfortunate that you were hurt - hopefully you're recovered. But there doesn't seem to be any way around the fact that you're responsible.

The Occultist

That fact that you got hit makes it really clear that it was not safe for you to make the turn. With such spot-on evidence against you, what is your argument, exactly, that you do not deserve the ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">