• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield. Am I in the wrong?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allison2727

I live in Texas. I received a ticket for "failure to yield." I was going work, i'm coming off a road with traffic lights and my work is to the right of me. I see a cop who is NOT moving whatsoever, who is stoped horizontally in front of the turn into my work. I put my blinker on and start turnimg in, my car is half way inside the property of my work place when the cop decided to start driving straight towards my car. I threw my hands up because he came so close he could of hit me. He then proceeded to follow me to where I choose to park and then harass me and give me a ticket for not yielding to him. I told him how I believed he was parked there because I did not see him moving for more than 10 seconds, after telling him this he told me if I didn't stop "he would take me to jail and I wouldn't get to work that day." One of my coworkers saw the who thing happened
she was in her car smoking a cigarette and said that the cop was looking at her while he was stopped there because she could it maybe looked suspicious smoking in the back.

Should I fight the ticket or was I in the wrong?

OHRoadwarrior

Apparently, you went around and cut off a police car, that was moving in the traffic lane between the lane you were in and the parking lot.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">