• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to yield to emergency vechicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deeannmayer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was at stop sign waiting to turn left(signal on) on a two lane highway. Immediately after completing my turn I noticed the vechicle I turned in front of(safely) had white flashing lights on the top, instantly I signaled to pull to the right of the road and while checking my mirrors before I pulled over I see a CHP behind me with his red lights on pulling me over. I was cited for failure to yield and failure to yield to emercency vechicle. Let me also say this was not the average emerency vechicle it was an unmarked task force van. The distance from where I made my turn and where I was pulled over was apx 100 ft. There was no braking,swerving,accidents or horns. I feel my left turn was safe and legal, should I fight the ticket and what are my chances of winning if I do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">