• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Ticket

• Thread starter Matthew Mikolow
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Matthew Mikolow

What is the name of your state? New York

I have no tickets on my record not even a parking ticket. Now I got a bogus ticket in which I went to court to fight and the officer lied about signs being around which wheren't. I want to appeal it but don't know how becasue I can take pictures to prove it.

I have a bigger issue besides this officer being extremely crooked which everybody by me knows around where I live. He tends to give false tickets I guess to so he can get paided more I don't know. During my court trial for the ticket there was something I was strongly againt what the judges do. I've find out it is a common thing. The constitution states your innocent until proven guilty this it the way our court is supposed to be ran. However the this court would say you did not prove your innocent to everbody there that argued against there tickets. It isn't the job of the accused to prove they are innocent it's the job of the officer to prove guilty.

By having it your guilty till proven innocent allows the officer to give out tickets for anything you could walk down the street and he could give you a speeding ticket. I'm strongly against this it's a violation of personal freedom I feel and a abuse of power. I want to bring up a law suit. With all the people who got false trials which there are thousands not to make a profit off of it but the get our money back and some how punish them so this doesn't happen again. This way we can go back to living in a just enviroment without abuse of law officials.

Last edited:

spawn_x

yes there are crooked cops, i've dealt with one.

and you're right, when it comes to tickets, its GUILTY until proven INNOCENT.

meaning his word is enough to fine you, same with parking tickets. they don't have to have an actual picture of you parking at an expired meter, or on a red zone.

best advice about this i can give is just follow the laws so you don't catch his attention... and if you want to have a class-action lawsuit (not sure if that would apply in this case) then more power to you.

M

Matthew Mikolow

I took pictures the first time however they came out like bad sun screwwed them up.

As for the guilty to proven innocent part of tickets. That is as far as i'm concerned illegal on the part of the police. Consitution states that they have to prove your guilty with some form of proof. Your supposed to be innocent till proven guilty. I respect the law but it seem as if the NYPD doesn't. Personally i'm getting fead up there supposed to be our protectors yet the betray our trust. They should learn to do what they preach never have I seen and officer wait at a stop light they break every little law. Maybe it's only New York cops I don't know i'm planning on leave NYC anyway. Maybe I should move to Canada they follow laws.

K

Kaz the Minotau

I suppose you are going to use the " he wrote me the ticket so he can get paid more" in court? What were you charged with? What is your defense? Since there are so many people in NYC why would an officer have to "make something up" in order to write a ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">