• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donald1076

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I was riding my motorcycle on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia today. I was ticketed by a park ranger with radar for 64 in a 45. The fine is 107.00 plus a 25.00 processing fee. My question is if I just pay the fine will this be reported to my auto insurance company? On the back of the ticket it says a drivers education course may be an option to prevent accumulating points or having your driving privilage suspended.

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I was riding my motorcycle on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia today. I was ticketed by a park ranger with radar for 64 in a 45. The fine is 107.00 plus a 25.00 processing fee. My question is if I just pay the fine will this be reported to my auto insurance company? On the back of the ticket it says a drivers education course may be an option to prevent accumulating points or having your driving privilage suspended.
Well, nothing is usually "reported to your auto insurance company"... Instead, your auto insurance company can review your driving record and if they find out that you have a citation on there, it might affect your auto insurance premium.

Donald1076

I guess the best thing to do is to inquire about the driver's education course. I don't want a higher insurance premium.:eek:

Well, nothing is usually "reported to your auto insurance company"... Instead, your auto insurance company can review your driving record and if they find out that you have a citation on there, it might affect your auto insurance premium.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">