• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feel cheated...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calvarez907

Issued a speeding ticket & also a ticket for DWLS w/Knowledge in the city of Florida City, Florida on 10/22/2010, tried paying ticket online but nothing was posted on court website.Now was served with court date set for 04/05/2012.What are my rights?Is there a violation of a speedy trial?" Since then, I have paid all my fines & reinstated my license.

FlyingRon

By paying the fines, you've essentially pleaded guilty and waived the trial rights.
For a criminal charge you could have made a notice of the speedy trial violation and they would have 5 days to either dismiss the charge or show up in front of judge to show cause why the case should proceed at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">