• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Felony" Evasion W/ Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joey95Z28

I was at the local Cruising spot (Downtown San Antonio) on Saturday March 16 Having a good time. The route taken is a Circle of about 2 miles and due to Spring Break, The Crowd was BAD. It is usually bumper to bumper slow movement but that night it was Bumper to bumper at a pace slower than a walk. There was a basketball game in town so the crowd walking around was quite large and loud. Well Im "driving" the route and a Mustang in front of me was Reving his engine to show off. Well Me being Me, I jumped in. I have a Camaro Z28, And it can get quite loud when Reved pretty hard. Well I wasnt reving to any great extreme just few taps of the gas. There was a HUGE Charter bus next to us that was blocking all view of my right side. So traffic moves up a bit, and I begin to move. I have the radio up a good ways and the windows down. So as Im moving I hear a Loud Crash, As though someone was firing a gun, at that time I feel glass hitting me in the back of my head. Instinctavly I duck down. As I look up there is a Police officer off of his bycycle at my Mirror With Gun Drawn telling me to get out of the car. As I am trying to tell him the door is locked another officer is at my Door, Gun Drawn, Telling me to get out of the car. At this point I reach down and unbuckle my seat belt. When they finally heard me saying the door was locked they let me unlock it. And began the screaming of "get out of the car" I drive a standard and the car was in gear so I finally got them to understand that and put the car in neutral. There was a cop on my passeneger door telling my friend to get out of the car, Gun Drawn also. After they did their act of throwing us around and cuffing us I find out that I, The Driver am Charged with Felony Evasion. So I went to Jail and am now out on $5000 Bond.

That night I also had two friends in the car behind us that saw the entire thing. From what they have told me, The cops (3 Total) Came from behind the charter bus, Came up on my back side, Grabbed the Baton and Smashed my Rear Window. The cops are saying I looked Directly at them, and that There was no music on. Well for one thing the music was quite loud,The car is loud in itself, and I had no idea I had done wrong untill my glass was shattered.

So After all was said and done I was Charged with a Felony Evasion of Arrest With a Vehicle, I got a ticket for No License Plate (Which was placed in my windshield),No Seat-Belt,(Which was on till the Cops drew their guns), and Exhibition of Acceleration. No my car has no back windshield, Was Inpounded, and I am on a $5000 bond.

My family and I know several Cops and they all say that the cops basically messed up when they broke then window and are now covering it up. My Original Case #, was for some unknown reason changed with no warning and We can not get a report untill Wed. March 20th.

My question is, Do I have a case or do they for some god awful reason have the right to do this?

I have been told to sue the Officer for the Cost of the Windshield. Can I do this?

If the speed of the car could not have possibly been over 5MPH, I had no idea the cops were there, and I never heard them, How can I have possibly been Evading?

The Cops were on Bikes, and Other than their Uniform (Which at night is TO Visible), There were no Visible Markings grom the front. The only light they had were on the Back of the seat. And from what Ive read they had to have at least ONE Visible red light from the front, Be in Uniform, and the "Vehichle" Must be clearly marked. Am I right in this?

Thanks Guys.

V

Vincent Cosent

Serious Charges!!!

Dont wait to long to see an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">