• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A few questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiZDumb

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hello, I have a sort of complicated case here. I'm 19, and I received my restricted license (Due to MIP-Consume, no driving even involved, Michigan law) shortly after my 18th birthday and ran into many traffic citations due to irresponsibility. My license then was suspended from violating my restrictions. I had gone through the suspension and obtained another restricted license and complied with that after the suspension. The restrictions were until midnight of 2/28/2005 and I hadn't received any moving violations or anything during the restrictions. Now, On the restricted paper license the "Reinstatement fee required" box isn't checked, and the license says it's restricted until 2/28/2005, but yet expires on 2006. To my understanding it's still a valid license, just no longer restricted. On 4/17/05 I received a civil infraction citation for no proof of insurance. And just yesterday 2/02/05 I received a ticket for going 5 over which I am confident in beating because of the road conditions, speed trap, 85 percentile law etc... Neither one of the officers cited or even notified me of not having a valid license, does this mean it is yet valid? If not, does that mean if convicted that I could lose it again for not having one? Even if I wasn't ticketed for it? I'm confused on what I really do have, and what could happen if reported to Secretary of State. I checked the original Order/Authorization paper and it does state a reinstatement fee of $125 is required on or after March 1st, 2005. I am extremely confused on what is going on and what could happen. Also, I asked for an extension to pay the "No Proof Of Insurance" ticket, do I still have a chance to request an informal hearing or is it too late? I am a full time worker and college student. I'm a very safe driver, just have very bad luck and low cash for the car insurance. I cannot lose my license again, is it possible to beat all this?

If you're just gonna talk down on me for being irresponsible, don't bother.

I need some real answers.

I

itsacatsworld

Your lucky in alot of states now no insurance and you car gets impounded for 30 days plus an automatic 1 year suspension of your DL. You have a mess there Id go down to the DMV and find out what hoops your going to have to go through. If it were me Id get a ride to the DMV.

wiZDumb

Okay nevermind all that.

The only real question is...

Is it possible for the Secretary of State to suspend my license, or take any action if my license really isn't valid, even though I wasn't ticketed for it?

I'm thinking if my license isn't valid, that when they receive notice of my ticket, they will see I was driving without a valid license. I'm just wondering if there's anything they can do about it since I wasn't ticketed for it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">