• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting a Red Light Camera Ticket, CVC 21453a

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Juturna67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? San Francisco, CA

I was visiting San Francisco from Los Angeles when I inadvertently ran a red light. I was lost in an unfamiliar crowded area looking for the freeway to go back to the hotel. I am certain that the light was yellow when I crossed the intersection. My citation states "Red Sec" at 0.4. The elapsed red time is stated as 1.4. If the light was supposedly already read for 0.4 seconds when I crossed it, wouldn't the elapsed time be 1.8? Is there anything I can do to have my ticket dismissed or at the very least, reduced? Thank you for your time.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I was lost in an unfamiliar crowded area looking for the freeway to go back to the hotel.
If you didn't run the red light (and you started off by saying you DID) then why are you attempting to justify not paying attention?

Last edited:

aldaron

If any part of your car is in the intersection when light turns red you're guilty of a red light violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">