• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting a Safety Corridor Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poetzproblem

Fighting a Safety Corridor Ticket (PA)

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

I recently received a speeding ticket on Route 30 in Latrobe for 67 in a 50 mph zone...fines are doubled in the safety corridor.
The officer used radar and was sitting along the side of a straightway at the top of two hills. I was first in a small group of cars all traveling about the same speed and happened to be the lucky one he picked.
My question is, should I fight the ticket on the grounds that this there is no speed limit sign posted after an intersection/redlight where traffic can enter the highway to designate the speed of the section I was ticketed on?
I know that the speed is also lower than the PA set 55, so an engineering study would have been done. Is it worth taking the chance on (a) the lack of signage or (b) that the speed survey will be either unavailable at hearing date or unabel to support legality of the speed limit chosen (i.e. average speed or location/conditions of survey?)
Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Last edited:

poetzproblem

Need an answer

Since no one has responded with an answer yet, can I ask if anyone is aware if the magistrates in PA will overturn a ticket based on the 3362 regulation that a speed limit (other than 55) is not legally in effect unless there is a sign every half mile?
The section I was ticketed in is 50, according to the ticket and the cop, but there isn't a sign posted in the 3.5 mile stretch that I was ticketed on. Can they legally enforce an unposted speed limit?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">