• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fighting a speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moneyy

So I'm going to court next friday to fight a speeding ticket that I got sometime 4 months ago. I requested the Highway Patrol for a request of facts or evidence. I need this to present my case because I need to know where the cop was when he spotted me, and what device he was using for my speed etc etc. However I requested it about 3 weeks ago, usually they say give it 30 days. Well my court date is next friday like I mentioned. What should I do, or can I do if I still don't receive the request from the highway patrol?

Now what I am hoping is that the cop doesn't show up, but if he does and I didn't get that discovery than can I request for a retrial, or reschedule?

CdwJava

It all depends on your state ...

If your discovery request was not properly formatted and presented to the appriopriate parties (usually not the agency alone), the highway patrol is under no obligation to respond.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">