• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting a speeding ticket, Public Records Request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmsweb

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My husband decided to fight a speeding ticket, he was singled out in a large amount of traffic, and actually pulled over by a police officer out of his jurisdiction. My husband never actually drove through the police officers jurisdiction either. I have searched through Michigan laws and found that they cannot pull you over unless you made the violation in their jurisdiction, then they can pursue you. This is one defence he will try.

I sent a public records request for seven items and finally received the information today. But they did not send me two items that I believe to be important, their excuse being that they do not exsist - The officers radar log for the day the ticket was issued, and a copy of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) license that authorized the issuing police agency and operator of the speed measuring device to lawfully operate the device on a specific frequency and / or range of frequencies.
Do you think this is normal that they could not provide me with these items?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">