• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting a ticket 53.4 in a 35

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrm2054

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I got the ticket in zone 5 of Pittsburgh. 53.4 in a 35 My ticket says clocked and has a time and distance mile followed .19 secs timed 1.29.
I guess they used a stopwatch not sure. I also can't read the officer name on the ticket and called to look him up by badge number and the station said the guy doesn't work for them so they can't find him that he may work a different zone and have been just helping them out. Also the guy said I wouldn't face him anyway because they use a court lisasion most times. Is that even allowed? I thought I had the right to face the officer.
It was a click it or ticket checkpoint and they were not visible. The cop said it was zero tolerance because of the checkpoint, but I should plead not guilty and it will likely become a 5 over and no points.

Do I have any case here based on how they clocked me and is there a way I can just ask for a PA 3111A

jrm2054

You have not presented grounds to contest the ticket. Nor have you presented a strategy to negotiate a reduction.
Well I was going plead not guilty and hope he didn't show or that they don't have the documentation for the equipment. I just don't want the points

sandyclaus

Well I was going plead not guilty and hope he didn't show or that they don't have the documentation for the equipment. I just don't want the points
You can try that; however, a lot of traffic courts are now allowing for continuances to give the citing officer an opportunity to be available for the hearings these days.

Unless you demand the documentation for the equipment before the hearing, the judge may not consider that defense either.

If you don't want the points, you should probably pay closer attention to your driving speed. Prevention is the best way to avoid those points.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">