• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting a ticket I never recived in 2002

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mshunter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I recently was notified by my employer that they had recived a "notice of court ordered collection." After doing some research, I found it was for a citation. It was for no insurance, and no registration. There are a couple of mistakes on the ticket as well.

1st- name is incorrect: Mike G ******* on citation, Michael D ******* on passport, pilot certs, DL, and SS card.

2nd- phone number- I have never seen this number before, and when I call, it just rings and rings and rings. It is not listed.

3rd- Officers ID is missing

4th- NO SIGNATURE

According to CA VC 40302, I shoud have been arrested because I never signed this citation, but I never was, hence I was not there. Nor was my vehicle impounded. It also says there was a passenger in the vehicle, which I may be able to use to my advantage, i.e. who was it, and what did they look like? What are my legal options. If this goes on my record, I may loose my job, and it will make it very difficult to get another one. I just find it odd, that after 7 years of renewing my DL, I was never told of this pending ticket, and my License was never suspended/revoked or a warrant was issued. Someone please give me a leg to stand on.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

Contact the issuing court and ask how to fight the citation. It may very well be that no license was provided at the scene of a stop and that the officer ran the person by name and date of birth and it came back - accidentally - as you. The problem you will have will be if the car that was stopped was one that you used to own or had access to.

You should also be allowed to get information from the collection agency.

What was the citation FOR?

- Carl

Maestro64

It could also be a situation of identity thief, Someone was running around with a identification claiming to be you and used it when they got pulled over.

The problem you have is they can say it was you and now you have to prove it was not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">