+ Reply to Thread
    51hate is offline Junior Member

Fighting ticket. What can trooper say in court?

I got pulled over doing 83 in a 65 in NYS. The trooper could smell weed and saw a bottle in the back seat. He searched my car and found weed and alcohol. He threw away the weed, let me keep my bottle of Dom Perignon (I'm 18), and wrote me a speeding ticket.

I'm going to traffic court with my attorney to see what I can do about this ticket. I know I got off with a lot, and the only reason I'm going to fight the ticket is because my friends dad is an attorney and he does all my traffic stuff for free.

So my question is; if this trooper does show up in court (doubtful) can he bring up the other "infractions" that I wasn't charged for?
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 51hate View Post
    I got pulled over doing 83 in a 65 in NYS. The trooper could smell weed and saw a bottle in the back seat. He searched my car and found weed and alcohol. He threw away the weed, let me keep my bottle of Dom Perignon (I'm 18), and wrote me a speeding ticket.

I'm going to traffic court with my attorney to see what I can do about this ticket. I know I got off with a lot, and the only reason I'm going to fight the ticket is because my friends dad is an attorney and he does all my traffic stuff for free.

So my question is; if this trooper does show up in court (doubtful) can he bring up the other "infractions" that I wasn't charged for?
    **A: yes, the Trooper can say anything in court.