• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting ticket. What can trooper say in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

51hate

I got pulled over doing 83 in a 65 in NYS. The trooper could smell weed and saw a bottle in the back seat. He searched my car and found weed and alcohol. He threw away the weed, let me keep my bottle of Dom Perignon (I'm 18), and wrote me a speeding ticket.

I'm going to traffic court with my attorney to see what I can do about this ticket. I know I got off with a lot, and the only reason I'm going to fight the ticket is because my friends dad is an attorney and he does all my traffic stuff for free.

So my question is; if this trooper does show up in court (doubtful) can he bring up the other "infractions" that I wasn't charged for?

HomeGuru

I got pulled over doing 83 in a 65 in NYS. The trooper could smell weed and saw a bottle in the back seat. He searched my car and found weed and alcohol. He threw away the weed, let me keep my bottle of Dom Perignon (I'm 18), and wrote me a speeding ticket.

I'm going to traffic court with my attorney to see what I can do about this ticket. I know I got off with a lot, and the only reason I'm going to fight the ticket is because my friends dad is an attorney and he does all my traffic stuff for free.

So my question is; if this trooper does show up in court (doubtful) can he bring up the other "infractions" that I wasn't charged for?
**A: yes, the Trooper can say anything in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">