• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was finded in wa for backing up on what is a Limited Access Highway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trying59

was given tichet for Rmc 4661605 backing on Limited Access Highway
It happened in Washington. What happen was I turned into a highway exit 276 in blanie wa. Stop on the side when I saw I was nearly out of gas. I was with in 10 free of the light where I had turned on. I then made an 80% turn back on to the road I came off of. Got nailed then. it was at 10 pm at night with no traffic. what does this mean? also there are 3 small errors on my ticket. wrong phone number, says my car is a 4 door and it's a 2 door. Filled in address on where my car is lic and where I work. Only put city name were I live. IT's different from where the car is lic. can I defend myself.

dave kennett

racer72

Nothing in your post suggests the ticket is not legal or proper. The errors do not prevent you from presenting a valid defense and will not be enough to have the citation dismissed.
I would suggest talking to a local attorney and discussing your situation.

trying59

what are the chances of getting a fine lower or dismissed

if the fine represents over 25% of your monthly income what are the chance of maybe getting a court to lower or dismiss the fine due to undo hardship in wa? Also where does a street end and the highway legally begin. Just trying to deside if I should what I should do before the weeks I have are up.
thanks for the help

Last edited:

Maestro64

First it is hard to tell what you did, but it sounds like you entered or exited a limited access highway improperly, and I am not sure how you defend against that. You're probably on the right track about where does the highway start relative to the street. But then again, you usually do not enter a limited access highway via a street they usually have on and off ramps or controlled entry and exit points. If street intersect this highway I would argue it not limited access. If you look up the state statute they should defined what is meant by limited access.

With that all said, having errors on the ticket which are not considered "fatal" is no reason for the ticket to be dismissed. Fatal means it has errors that pertain to the reason the ticket was issued. Your address and phone number have nothing to do with that.

On the cost of the tickets the courts are more than happy to set up a payment plan for you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">