• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fine for not getting a California license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LennyBruce

I live in Los Angeles, California. I have not updated my New York drivers license into a California license. I would like to know... What is the punishment or fine amount for not changing my drivers license to California? Is it a jail sentence? How much is the fine? Anyone know?

HomeGuru

LennyBruce said:
I live in Los Angeles, California. I have not updated my New York drivers license into a California license. I would like to know... What is the punishment or fine amount for not changing my drivers license to California? Is it a jail sentence? How much is the fine? Anyone know?

**A: you will be deported back to New York.

L

LennyBruce

I'm not getting the tenor of that response. I wonder if my question was asked in a joking manner and if it warrented an unclear response.

stephenk

on tuesday (monday is a holiday), go to your local DMV and apply for a California license. there, that wasnt so hard.

TYRIS

LennyBruce said:

if your pulled over, you can be cited for 12500(a) CVC: unlicensed driver. you will then be issued a citation. also, if you have never been issued a license in california, and your cited for 12500(a) cvc, your vehicle can be towed for a thirty impound.

TYRIS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">