• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fined for speeding on highway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bobface11

I am a class 7 driver and I am going to take my driver's test this year. Today I was just driving with my mom to go to skiing in Nakiska. Everything is fine until I went down a steep hill and was pulled over for speeding:( (I was going 115km/hr in a 90km/hr speed limit). I understand that I went over the posted speed limit but the road condition was perfect(no water, ice or snow, just dry asphalt). I was also going down a steep hill so I had my foot on the brake pedal. There was no one around expect for the annoying traffic cops :mad:. I admit that I was careless but who wouldn't be on such a nice day with nobody around? I am required to pay CAD$150 and appear before the Cochrane Provincial Court. Since I am a first time offender can I reduce the amount and/or not get demerit points?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I am a class 7 driver and I am going to take my driver's test this year. Today I was just driving with my mom to go to skiing in Nakiska. Everything is fine until I went down a steep hill and was pulled over for speeding:( (I was going 115km/hr in a 90km/hr speed limit). I understand that I went over the posted speed limit but the road condition was perfect(no water, ice or snow, just dry asphalt). I was also going down a steep hill so I had my foot on the brake pedal. There was no one around expect for the annoying traffic cops :mad:. I admit that I was careless but who wouldn't be on such a nice day with nobody around? I am required to pay CAD$150 and appear before the Cochrane Provincial Court. Since I am a first time offender can I reduce the amount and/or not get demerit points?
We don't know. We deal with US law. You'll need a Canadian forum. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">