• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oohacastle

What is the name of your state? Ohio

About 20 minutes ago, I got pulled over on the way back from getting a can of gas for my friends car. I was going 62 in a 45, 17 over. I knew I was speeding and admitted it, cause I really didn't feel like arguing, long night of bull **** and I wanted to go to bed(still do, too rattled now). Its not my first time being pulled over so it didn't freak me out too much, but its my first ticket. Usually I'm in the camaro and can bull**** and say my speedo is off cause I have larger tires in the back. Its worked 7 times so far, lol. Anyways, I was in my friends car cause mine is currently indisposed. Its my first ticket, and I was wondering. (A)How much is the ticket going to be, cause it doesn't say on there. I'm in Miami County, OH. (B)It was a friends car, does that have any account into it? Can I play off that I wasn't used to the car? Should I even try? (C)Its only two points on my license, I'm with state farm on liability only, how much would my premiums increase? Or if you don't know for sure, can you give me a guesstimate? 1978 Camaro, $145.73 a month liability only

All advice is appreciated, thanks alot.
Ted

FlyingRon

bull**** and say my speedo is off cause I have larger tires in the back. Its worked 7 times so far, lol.
You've got either gullible or sympathetic law enforcment there.

(A)How much is the ticket going to be, cause it doesn't say on there. I'm in Miami County, OH.
Don't know, call the court and ask.
(B)It was a friends car, does that have any account into it? Can I play off that I wasn't used to the car? Should I even try?
It's not a defense...who knows you might get a soft-hearted judge but it wouldn't fly around here. Especially not 17 over.
(C)Its only two points on my license, I'm with state farm on liability only, how much would my premiums increase? Or if you don't know for sure, can you give me a guesstimate? 1978 Camaro, $145.73 a month liability only
Don't know about State Farm, but I would suspect that a premium increase up to 40% is possible. What's your history of claims and other tickets?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">