• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eaglescout575

I need some advice as this is my first ticket ever. My court date is Monday and I'm nervous. So here is the story. I just got into campus driving 4 hours to move in day to college. I pulled out onto a street from a parking lot and got pulled over for 44 in a 25. Is there any way to appeal this? I was not used to the laws in this college and was driving how I did back home. There were also no posted speed limit signs in my direction of travel and I have photos of that. Thanks for any help,

FlyingRon

You need to tell us what state this is in. THere's good reason why the forum software inserts that into the new posts.
Just about every state in the union however has maximum speed limits that apply in the absence of posted speeds. You'll not get anywhere claiming ignorance of this.

FlyingRon

Not much you can likely do to convince them you're not guilty. You can avoid the point on your license by pleading nolo (you'll still pay the fine and your insurance company will still find out about it).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">