• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Speeding ticket help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocky33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I got a citation for doing 59 in a 35 zone, which i dont think is correct. Ticket has the following information:

Clocked by Robic
Miles Timed: .023
Seconds Timed: 1.39
Date Equipment Tested: 12/22/15
Station Equipment Tested: W-56
Device Serial Number : ST-11

I am going to fight it but what can I use to do that? I mean, what is the cop REQUIRED to bring? And what can I say about this device?

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

OHRoadwarrior

On the dashboard is a device called a speedometer. It tells you your vehicles speed so you do not get speeding tickets and you don't have to guess how bad you were breaking the law.

rocky33

To OHRoadwarrior and anyone who can help

Thanks for the reply. I have never received any speeding ticket or so and this is the first time i received anything like this and i am not sure if the Robic machine was calibrated and was accurate enough in calculating my exact speed or so. I might be little over but dont think i was at that speed. Any advice on defending my case or next steps would be appreciable.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...but dont think i was at that speed.
Exactly what is your basis for believing that?

I can't tell you how many times I have heard that in court.

I suggest you try to find out about Robic by doing a little research.That would be a good place to start. Google is your friend.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I got a citation for doing 59 in a 35 zone, which i dont think is correct. Ticket has the following information:

Clocked by Robic
Miles Timed: .023
Seconds Timed: 1.39
Date Equipment Tested: 12/22/15
Station Equipment Tested: W-56
Device Serial Number : ST-11

I am going to fight it but what can I use to do that? I mean, what is the cop REQUIRED to bring? And what can I say about this device?

I appreciate any help you guys can give.
If you were going anything other than the posted speed limit..you were speeding! which by the way you have just admitted to doing on a public forum...:rolleyes:

..___________________
~ If electricity describes the movement of electrons,
does morality describe the movement of morons ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">