• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Speeding ticket (questionable)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MandoMan531

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

On the 21st I got my first speeding ticket, and I believe it's bogus. The officer indicated he timed me with a Robic at 49 in a 25.
In the Miles Timed field he wrote what looks like "3ft" and Seconds Timed as "131"

[URL]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f100/BobaFett531/Mobile%20Uploads/20150822_124102_zpsrs8gbpqt.jpg[/URL]

I'm actually familiar with how the Robic works and realize distance needs to be input in thousandths, or down to .001.
3ft converted to miles is .000568 which isn't even able to be entered into the device. The Seconds timed, 131 seconds, is also lacking a decimal. Even if he meant 1.31 at 3ft, if my math is correct that would make my speed 15.6 mph. I can't even figure out how he came to 49mph using the values indicated on the ticket.

When he pulled me over he asked if I had any other tickets, I told him no and he looks at my car and says "In THIS?! That's hard to believe" my car is a 2006 RSX. When he came back he asked if my car had VTEC and told me about how he had a similar car and had to sell it because he got pulled over so much, and how it's so easy to speed without realizing it which seemed odd to me. He then said "if you dispute anything on the ticket we'll see what we can do in court"

Do I have a case to get the ticket dismissed? Right before where he claims to have clocked me is a school zone and I ALWAYS go under the limit past a school zone and fail to believe I doubled my speed in the short distance to where he was located. Let alone uphill. Im not okay with getting 4 points and paying $191, for something im not guilty of.
The magistrate I have to go to is also a friend of the family, however I don't want to bet on that getting me out of it.

Do you guys think I have an argument? Looking at the picture, can anyone think of anything the Miles Timed could be that I'm mistaking for 3ft? Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">