• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First speeding ticket - Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rushabh

I got my first (in life) speeding ticket in Virginia and I am from NC. I was going 79 on 60. Thankfully he did not charge me for reckless driving.

What would be the best way out? I am an international and I have a clean driving record of 2 years.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

The easiest way out would be to call the court for prepayment information on the fine.

Costs you nothing but your time to appear. If you have a totally clear record you might get the fine waived (you'll still get points and pay the costs) or perhaps give the option of a traffic school.

If you really care you can call a lawyer familiar with the court you will be appearing in and ask him. If money is no object he can stand for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">