• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first time offenders 75 in 60, out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

savedrive

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA
I'm holding an Oregon license,
this is the first time ever i get pulled over by the WAWSP, I'm driving in a carpool lane on south bound I-405, with my sister. the traffic flowto my right are slow due to traffic jam. the incident happen at 17:15. he said that he point a laser at my car and recorded 75 while i'm in 60 miles zone, I didn't think that my car is going that fast because i'm looking at the speedometer quite frequently. he said i was passing the traffic ar my right, where they are driving aroung 55 miles,
he cited me with a speedinng tickets for $122
what do u think is my chance of contesting or go to the hearing my self? or do i need to go with an attorney ? can anyone recomend a good attourney for WA state

thank you

Last edited:

JETX

savedrive said:
what do u think is my chance of contesting or go to the hearing my self?
If you want to do this yourself, the chance of doing it is 100%. however, if your really asking the chance of dismissal (as I suspect), the chance of that happening based solely on your "I didn't think that my car is going that fast" is slim to none.

or do i need to go with an attorney ?
That couldn't hurt.

can anyone recomend a good attourney for WA state
Go to: www.attorneypages.com/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">