• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time ticket - Herkimer county

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

optimisticStar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Got ticket in NY state.

Hi,

So I was on a vacation in NY, and was pulled by a cop on I-90 due to 2 reasons - driving in left lane and speeding. I got a warning for speeding but a ticket which has a description of "DISOBEYED TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE" for driving in left lane. The office asked me to plea the guilty and send the ticket by mail maybe since my state of residence is not in NY. The ticket below has this note:
A PLEA OF GUILTY TO THIS CHARGE IS EQUIVALENT TO A CONVICTION AFTER TRIAL. IF YOU ARE CONVICTED, NOT ONLY WILL YOU BE LIABLE TO A PENALTY, BUT IN ADDITION YOUR LICENSE TO DRIVE A MOTOR VEHICLE OR MOTORCYCLE, AND YOUR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION, IF ANY, ARE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION AND REVOCATION AS PRESCRIBED BY LAW.

I filled up the plea guilty section and was about to mail the form. But before I mail, while googling in general about the traffic tickets I read that the payment should be made along with the form.

Question - This ticket does not include anything about the payment details. So does the note I posted above mean they will contact me with the payment details after they receive my ticket? How does this ticket get processed or to be more specific how do they contact me and what could be the steps after that? The ticket doesn't have any other contact details except for my residence address.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The court sets the fine. Many courts establish fines that are above the state mandated minimums.

If you mail the ticket back to the court you will be notified by mail how much the fine is.

If you want to know prior to mailing, then call the court and speak to a clerk - I'm sure they will tell you what the fine amount will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">