• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fix it ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swtdarlng1

What is the name of your state? ca

i got a fix it ticket on saturday for a cracked windshield. The polic officer said he saw the crack while he was on the side of me. so he pulled me over and asked if i knew i had a cracked windshield and told him yes i have had it for a while then he said why dont you have a front licenses plate (dont know why he asked that and why he would ask that because he couldnt see it) and i told him it is on the right side of the bumper and not in the middle and he states okay. he asked for my registration and insurance gave it to him and he left and came back with a fix it ticket for the windshield.. I didnt argue with him about it. But the windshield doesnt impair my vision it is on the passenger side of the vehicle. when i got home i was looking at the ticket and notice that the date and the day of the week was wrong at the top of ticket and the date by the officers signature was wrong too. It has friday date not saturdays date. Is there any possible way i could fight this ticket because of wrong info on the citation??? And being wrongfully pulled over... I believe the officer was trying to make his quota for the day. I wasnt doing anything illegal for him to pull me over... Please help me figure this out.. Thanks so much..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

swtdarlng1 said:
What is the name of your state? ca

i got a fix it ticket on saturday for a cracked windshield. The polic officer said he saw the crack while he was on the side of me. so he pulled me over and asked if i knew i had a cracked windshield and told him yes i have had it for a while then he said why dont you have a front licenses plate (dont know why he asked that and why he would ask that because he couldnt see it) and i told him it is on the right side of the bumper and not in the middle and he states okay. he asked for my registration and insurance gave it to him and he left and came back with a fix it ticket for the windshield.. I didnt argue with him about it. But the windshield doesnt impair my vision it is on the passenger side of the vehicle. when i got home i was looking at the ticket and notice that the date and the day of the week was wrong at the top of ticket and the date by the officers signature was wrong too. It has friday date not saturdays date. Is there any possible way i could fight this ticket because of wrong info on the citation??? And being wrongfully pulled over... I believe the officer was trying to make his quota for the day. I wasnt doing anything illegal for him to pull me over... Please help me figure this out.. Thanks so much..

My response:

The incorrect day and date is inconsequential. The fact remains, he saw your cracked windshield and a crack windshield is a violation of the California Vehicle Code.

Get it fixed.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">