• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL speeding ticket question to fight or not to fight?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chloe062773

What is the name of your state?
Florida

Well, I ahve had no speeding tickets for over 5 years but almost a month ago I got one. Here's what happened. I was driving about 65-70 on a State Road. The speed limit is 65 mph. There is only one small strectch near a boat ramp area that it drops to 55 less than .5 mile stretch.
In any event AFTER I had passed this area about a mile down the road an unmarked FHP officer pulled me over. I was very polite and he was quite a jerk. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I said between 65-70 and he said you were doing 85 in a 55. So I said officer I just saw a speed limit sign that said 65 then he changed his mind and said well I have been following you for a few miles. Totally bogus!!! There was no way he could radar me because I was keeping up with other cars.
But here is what is odd. On my ticket EVERYTHING is clear on there except for the area that says what road and where I was pulled over at. It also does not say how he "figured" out what speed I was going at. At the bottom his name and signature are not there either. I know that carbon does not always come through but it's strange that I cannot see those important things.
So should I fight it or just take the class and pay the outrageous fine which is $308?!!!! Any legal advice would be appreciated. I now I was speeding and would not mind payng what I desrve but not something so crazy as this. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">