• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fleeing And Eluding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AlphaWolf88

I live in Ohio, and i was on my way home last night at 1:50am i was speeding, when i looked in my rear view i seen a policeman coming up on me so i pulled off. He pulled in behind me. Approached me yelling put you hands on the wheel. So i did. Then he explained that he had been chasing me for at least a half mile and that i was going 70 in a 50. I did not see him at all. So now im charged with 50 in a 70, and fleeing and eluding. What do i do now, and what is the likely punishment?

D

dabear

Eluding is a felony. I don't think you were charged with eluding or you would have been arrested. The charges you should have and probably received were speed and fail to yield to an emergency vehicle. These are infractions. Punishment? Fines.

A

AlphaWolf88

hope your right, but my ticket says, other offences Fleeing and Eluding. See heres the thing i would never run from the police, and there was a semi between me and the policeman for a few, and i did pull over as soon as i saw him, but he said since i cooperated he wasn't going to arrest me and that i have to appear in court. Im a member of the US ARMY Reserves, and this isnt going over very well.

1BadAzzGT

If you did not honestly see him with his lights on, then how could you have possibly pulled over for no reason?

Did you explain to him/her that you did not see the lights illuminated until approx "xx" (seconds, minutes, etc) and as soon as you did, you pulled over? If so, what was said then?

A

AlphaWolf88

yeah i explained to him that i didn't see his lights, and that as soon as i did i pulled over, couple of factors, 1 it was snowing out, 2 i had passed a semi and that was between us until he got passed the semi, and that when i first saw him and pulled over. I drove the same route today in traffic and going the speed limit it was only 5mins from where he said he started chasing me to where i pulled over. That was going the speed limit/w moderate traffic

D

dabear

5 min doesn't sound like a long time, but on a freeway 5 min is approx 5 miles. Don't agree with the ticket then fight it.

A

AlphaWolf88

i checked the milage to, it approx 4 miles, and as of right now i plan to go and talk to the mayor about it to see what can be done. Thanks for all the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">