• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida double ticket! Speeding off ramp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zgambitx

Hi guys and girls, this is my first post here and I have the following questions, hopefully someone out there can help me!

I received 2 tickets at the same time off a ramp on I-95 in Broward County, FL. First ticket was for speeding (57 on a 30) and the second ticket was for not slowing down when I saw the cop with his lights on at the median as he I guess was finishing up writing a ticket for someone else. My questions are the following:

First: I do not see the radar model/type in the speeding ticket anywhere, although I do know he had one because my detector was going off. Would that help me in any way fighting off this ticket? Secondly I will also argue the fact that the cop was at the beginning of the ramp and did not give me enough time to slow down to 30 mph right away. That's my case and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Second: I am not sure what to do with this...I did not know I was supposed to slow down and move to a different lane while he had his lights on, I guess though that is not an excuse for getting off the fine. Any suggestions here?

Additional info:

I have quite a history of speeding tickets which I am guessing won't help my case.
The officer marked me as "white" when I'm hispanic, just fair skinned, I'm not sure if that helps either and my car make is "Hyundai" and he put it as "Honda".

Thank you in advance for any possible advice/help!!!!

lwpat

If he gave you one of the new "move over law" tickets it is going to be very expensive. There are a lot of lawyer ticket clinics in Florida, hire one. You also need to get a copy of your MVR to see how close you are to a suspension.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">