• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Habitual Offender Hardship License Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1wsfl

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi all,

I have a cousin that recently (November) became classified as a habitual offender here in the state of Florida, non-DUI related. He was caught driving on SL 3 times. He nearly ended up in jail for 1 year but pleaded and made his case to the Judge and paid all neccesarry fees to satisfaction at the request of the Judge. He also asked the Judge to grant his license back or to remove one of the suspensions but the Judge stated that it was out of his jurisdiction and there was nothing he could do.

My question is, will my cousin have to wait one year before he can even receive a hardship license? He was told by some desk clerks that he can not drive for one year period, not even be given a hardship license. I performed some research on the net and have found this to be a very grey area with very little information. Many online ADI courses claim that those in Florida deemed a habitual offender (non-DUI) can complete a 12 hour course for hardship license without mentioning having to wait one-year to do so. Is this true?

Is there anything that can be done so that he can at least attempt to get a hardship license? Anyone he should contact at the state or local level that has jurisdiction to at least hear his case?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">