• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davinator

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

So I was going from Jacksonville to Tallahassee when I got pulled over in Madison county. I was going 87 in a 70. This is my third ticket but first from this county. I was wondering if I could fight it but I don't know if I would have to go to the court in my own city or where it is issued. the ticket is for $251.

Advice needed

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

So I was going from Jacksonville to Tallahassee when I got pulled over in Madison county. I was going 87 in a 70. This is my third ticket but first from this county. I was wondering if I could fight it but I don't know if I would have to go to the court in my own city or where it is issued. the ticket is for $251.

Advice needed
You'll have to go to court in the county the ticket was issued.

Pay the fine; cheaper in the long run. And slow your butt down; if you're late, learn to leave earlier. :cool:

sandyclaus

Advice needed
You're facing that fine, along with 3 points added onto your license, just so you are aware.

Exactly how do you propose to fight the ticket?

davinator

im not quite sure, that's why i was asking for help. i did the driving school once, so i don't know if i can do it again

sandyclaus

im not quite sure, that's why i was asking for help. i did the driving school once, so i don't know if i can do it again
How recently did you go to traffic school? Florida law allows you to utilize that option once every 12 months, and no more than 5 times in your lifetime. You will also still get a fine, it will just be reduced because you will also have to pay for the traffic school.

IMHO, if you have already gone to traffic school, I don't think you were paying attention (considering that this was your 3rd ticket already for the same general offense). If you want to save your money in the long run, you should probably focus more on slowing down instead of on how to avoid having to pay the fines for speeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">