• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Traffic Citation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bjmc1575

I received a florida traffic citation
316.1872. I was pacing (driving safely behind)
a law enforcement trooper. I was driving above the speed limit but so was he. He then turned on his lights infornt of me and pulled me over.

He asked me what I was doing, and I replied that I was following him.

He then stated that he was a law enforcement officer and WHO would give him traffic citation.

Question: Will it hold up in court if the officer "paced" me while being in front of me?

Thanks,
Brandon

racer72

If the officer ran into a telephone pole would you do it too? Just because the officer (or anyone else for that matter) is exceeding the speed limit, it does not mean you can speed too without accepting the consequences if you are caught. And speeding tickets where the speed is confirmed by pacing are the most difficult kind to challenge too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">