• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Follow-up To My Red Light Camera Ticket in Van Nuys, CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keechee1

Follow-up to an earlier post.

In looking at the background supplemental information on my red light camera ticket, printed from the cite-web.com site, it shows the Speed Limit entry: 35. In actuality, the speed limit is 40. This 40 mph is in the pictures and videos I took. My question is can this be a technicality to dismiss the ticket on? The reason I ask is in the Yellow Time section it shows 3.9 seconds whereas after timing in person, the time was 3.6 seconds, which is the time associated with a 35 MPH zone, although on the ticket background it shows 3.9 seconds. Some ambiguity?

Any other suggestions you can give me (please, please, please only intelligent defense related replies), would be appreciated.

To recap, I received a summons for a red light camera ticket in Van Nuys - Southbound White Oak Avenue at Busway. The ticket shows the light was red for 2 tenths of a second. I had a passenger with me whose face is blocked.

My defense at trial will consist of questioning 1. Accuracy of equipment. 2. Lack of foundation because picture evidence is hearsay. 3. Unable to confront my accuser - rights violated. 4. Intersection where camera is located has a poor design (street wording says wait here, then beyond limit line says keep clear - do a google earth to see what I mean). 5. The Stop Here sign (for the limit line) is obstructed by a tree branch - unable to see until the last moment. 6. Poor lighting of intersection to process all this information at night). 7. Picture tampered with (i.e. - passenger face blocked - how do I know other items were not altered?).

Needless to say I am fighting this ticket and appreciate any support – perhaps a Pro Bono to defend me. My trial date is August 25th at 1:30pm in Van Nuys courthouse, Division 109. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">