• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Following too close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chw0030

What is the name of your state?Alabama

I am a 17 year old driver under the State of Al graduated drivers license program. I have two prior tickets for speeding (Aug 5 and 31 2004). My license we suspended for 60 days and the restricted drivers program was extended for 6 months.

I recently received a ticket for following to close in a small town in rural Alabama. I appeared in Court- plead guilty and arranged with the Judge (as a youthful offender) to perform 40 hours community service and paid an additional 100.00 fine in lieu of the points/ticket not being reported to the state. I recently received notification from the state that my license was suspended for an additional 60 days due to the ticket being reported. I paid 210.00 during my court appearance and have worked 24 of the 40 hours of community service.

I contacted the court clerk, explained the circumstances- she says there is nothing they can do to get my license reinstated -(although (clerk says)the ticket will not be a matter of public record and will not be reported on the DMV records.)

Should I request a pre-suspension hearing? should I have legal representation? And, Do I have any recourse for the hours I worked and the additional fine paid? Can the court do this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">