• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Following too close ticket in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingka78

i was involved car accident and got ticket for "following too close" in pa

i was full stopped in traffic signal and waiting to change signal.....and somehow i delude myself that signal changed to green and i accelerate....Bang......it just happened for a second.....

i called the officer and he gave to me report and citation....i thought the officer thought i was following traffic situation.... i knew it was my fault...but in this case did i violated law?? it was not moving situation..it was a just mistake....

is there any chance to dismiss this ticket in the court?? do i need to hire lawyer??? do i have to go to the police station to appeal this ticket???

please help me guys.....

Last edited:

FlyingRon

The rule is here 75 Pa CS 3310

The driver of a motor vehicle shall not
follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and
prudent, having due regard for the speed of the vehicles and the
traffic upon and the condition of the highway.​

Running into the back of another car, even one stopped, is prima facie evidence of being to close.

I've got a braille bumper sticker on my car that reads "IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU ARE TOO DAMN CLOSE."

Just Blue

i was involved car accident and got ticket for "following too close" in pa

i was full stopped in traffic signal and waiting to change signal.....and somehow i delude myself that signal changed to green and i accelerate....Bang......it just happened for a second.....

i called the officer and he gave to me report and citation....i thought the officer thought i was following traffic situation.... i knew it was my fault...but in this case did i violated law?? it was not moving situation..it was a just mistake....

is there any chance to dismiss this ticket in the court?? do i need to hire lawyer??? do i have to go to the police station to appeal this ticket???

please help me guys.....
lol!! Per your own accounting of this accident YOU WERE MOVING. You deluded yourself to think the light was green and now are deluding yourself that you are not violating the law.

How about you just pay the fine(s) and thank GOD that you didn't kill anyone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">