• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Follwoing to Close (ACC)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tatercool

I live in Virginia.

There is a road, jogger is going up hill inot traffic. I have given about 5 car lengths mabye up to 7. This guys going over the hill. I can't see him. Then i come over and slow up but he then slams on the brakes after he slowed down of which I was unaware.

I swerev right inot bushes but the jogger is now right there. I TURN BACK into the car to avoid hitting the jogger.

I want to have it dismissed. Whats the law.

Kyle

racer72

The law says you were inattentive and driving too fast for the conditions. You provide no evidence to prove any innocence. Guilty as charged.

J

jimmyv

you are half at fault at least in my state anyways.. our law says it is also illegal to brake test anyone.. go to court and tell the judge that the person must have pulled his e brake cuz you didn't see his brake light...lol.. just a piece of advice .. next time you are in this prediciment do the following.. ram the car. stop and grab the back of your neck and back and fall out the door. this way you can get a good lawyer and at least beat the charge of following to close.

J

jimmyv

according to racer72 he's saying you should have hit the jogger and killed him. way to go racer72.. what a putz you are. go and tell your story to a judge . i think you made the right decision. and i'm sure the jogger will be a good witness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">