• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this freeADVICE.com or freeCRITICISM.com?!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

out0fyourelemen

What is the name of your state?I came to this forum looking for advice on a speeding ticket and all I seem to get is criticism by other users.

Nearly all of the users on this board who have posted a ticket problem have gotten at LEAST one sarcastic, mean, or mocking comment by another user.

People speed. People drive recklessly. People MAKE MISTAKES. Unfortunately, a lot of the users on this board have been caught and were fined/ticketed for our mistakes.

I ADMIT TO THIS MISTAKE. I ACCEPT IT. But just like 90% of America I can be very cheap and want to find the easiest or cheapest way out of the situation so I can learn from my mistakes and move on.

And yes I understand paying $120 or so bucks is a very useful way to make me learn my lesson, but come on, if I can get out of this cheaper I will certainly be careful next time REGARDLESS of how much I end up paying.

All I wanted was advice on how I could approach my problem. I came to this site figured I would get free ADVICE on how to proceed, but instead, like others, I get mocked and criticized.

All you mockers and critics think you're better than anyone else? You're not. Apparently you don't mind dropping 120 bucks on a speeding ticket so if that's the case, please send me your $120 "pocket change" because you apparently don't need it.

And don't tell me you "don't speed" or "don't drive reckless." You are not perfect drivers. You are just lucky not to be caught. So don't lie to yourself or any of us.

Anyway, my original post can be found here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=278879

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me ACTUAL ADVICE on the situation, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Curt581

Please confine your posts to a single thread.

The regulars here who post answers to questions aren't paid. We don't get anything at all for freely giving our time. By the same token, we are under NO obligation to tell you anything, or restrict ourselves to posting only the answers you want to hear.

If you're going to demand answers, go pay an attorney.

Whether or not other people are perfect drivers is irrelevant. You're the one with the speeding tickets, not us.

Good luck with them.

lil_angel108

I agree

Not everyone is perfect. We are looking for advice and just because you are not the one with the speeding ticket doesn't mean anything. We are here for advice and help. If you think there is no hope then say "there is no hope for this case". Not "oh your screwed and your dumb" pretty much. I am a good driver and I had one incident that was stupid on my part and I admit that, but the circumstances are also stupid. So if a broke college student like me can get out of a crappy ticket then I might as well try.

You Are Guilty

Since this is clearly directed at me, I feel the need to reiterate that it appears Plattsburgh is still accepting anyone with a pulse and a checkbook. Good luck with your tickets, Speedy.

BelizeBreeze

out0fyourelemen said:
What is the name of your state?I came to this forum looking for advice on a speeding ticket and all I seem to get is criticism by other users.
Well I guess we're just tired of your disregard for OUR lives.
Nearly all of the users on this board who have posted a ticket problem have gotten at LEAST one sarcastic, mean, or mocking comment by another user.
Well damn, we have to pick up the pace. They are REQUIRED at least three.
People speed. People drive recklessly. People MAKE MISTAKES. Unfortunately, a lot of the users on this board have been caught and were fined/ticketed for our mistakes.
Really? I guess you've never seen my driving record.
I ADMIT TO THIS MISTAKE. I ACCEPT IT. But just like 90% of America I can be very cheap and want to find the easiest or cheapest way out of the situation so I can learn from my mistakes and move on.
Walk. It's cheap and guaranteed never to result in a speeding ticket.
And yes I understand paying $120 or so bucks is a very useful way to make me learn my lesson, but come on, if I can get out of this cheaper I will certainly be careful next time REGARDLESS of how much I end up paying.
See above.
All I wanted was advice on how I could approach my problem. I came to this site figured I would get free ADVICE on how to proceed, but instead, like others, I get mocked and criticized.
By making an appointment at the local driving school or with your psychologist.
All you mockers and critics think you're better than anyone else? You're not. Apparently you don't mind dropping 120 bucks on a speeding ticket so if that's the case, please send me your $120 "pocket change" because you apparently don't need it.
Actually, I've not dropped $1 on a traffic ticket in 30 years.:D
And don't tell me you "don't speed" or "don't drive reckless." You are not perfect drivers. You are just lucky not to be caught. So don't lie to yourself or any of us.
well boo hoo.
Anyway, my original post can be found here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=278879

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me ACTUAL ADVICE on the situation, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
who cares? you are one in 3 million people every year that get tickets and one of about 12,486 who come on this site to whine about it.

Like I said, start walking. Sure-fire way to NOT have a reason to whine :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">