• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Front Plate not attached-Clean Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matt707

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Hi,

I bought my car from Delaware 6 months ago where front tags aren't required.I wasn't sure they were really required in MD and so didnt get one.

I got my first ticket for it though.(13-411(a)).I have a clean driving record .How do you think I should go about resolving this?

I am thinking-get the front tag put on,go to court and explain the Delaware thing and ask for leniency.

Please advice.
Thanks!

FlyingRon

What do you mean you didn't get one? The state provides you two.
I would do as you said, comply immediately and ask for leniency.

matt707

Thanks for the reply.I meant I didn't put it on.

Just one question though since I haven't done this before.Do I plead "not guilty" at court or "guilty with an explanation" ( thus just having a hearing without trial) or something else?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.I meant I didn't put it on.

Just one question though since I haven't done this before.Do I plead "not guilty" at court or "guilty with an explanation" ( thus just having a hearing without trial) or something else?

Thanks again.
How I've seen it work is you bring in a picture of the front of your vehicle with a license plate on it. When the judge calls your case, he will ask if you've fixed it. You answer affirmatively, and perhaps give the photo to the bailiff who will show it to the judge/officer. The judge will ask if the officer is satisfied, and if he is, you might end up paying nominal court costs. They didn't ask for a plea or anything.

In Maryland, this is typically a "fix-it ticket".

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">