• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ga:Aggressiv Driving/Robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJ Pusha

Ga:Aggressive Driving/Robbery

What is the name of your state? Ga

Long story short. I got robbed at gunpoint. I left the scene and headed over to my friends house and an Acura Integra pulled up and turned off his lights and just waited. We left the car followed us. We lost the car, only to see it a couple minutes later, so I tried to catch up to him and get his LP#. He started speeding and tried to turn and hit a curb. He called the cops and I got a ticket for "Aggressive Driving". i have to go to court on March 21st.

What should I do??? Is there any possible jailtime??? Can I get out of the charge, cause i believe I did nothing to warrant the charge...

Thanks.

Last edited:

DJ Pusha

Here's the full story....

So as we all got into my car to leave this black dude runs up to my window with a 9 ointed at me and tells me "To get the **** out the car!" I was like damn, but got out. He told me to give him all my money and cell phone. I gave him the few bucks i had in my front pocket and he got pissed and about 3 other dudes threw me on the ground and the dude with the gun got over top of me and had the gun about 6 inches away from my face pointed right between my eyes sayin if i didn't give him sum real money he was gonna blow me away. So I pulled out my wallet and gave him what I had which was about $120. They got a few punches and kicks in during the process. i was hopin for my boys to help me, but I found out later that there was like 4 guns and my boys were gettin jacked too. All of a sudden they were like if you don't leave now your dead. So they threw my wallet and keys at me and we all hoped in my car and dipped. We were all shocked and pissed as **** at the same time. So we headed over my boys house. We chilled outside for about 10 minutes before this black Integra pulls up with "AKB" on the side and stops right in front of us. We really didn't think anything of it. And the car pulled around behind us about 100 feet away and cut off their lights. We started to wonder what the **** they were doing. So after a couple minutes we decided to leave and as we pulled out the Integra cut on his lights and began to follow us. So I sped up to about 80 on a 2 lane road passin everyone and ****. Until we reached a main 4 lane road. The light was red and i saw the dude comin up behind me in my rearview. So I acted like I was gonna turn left but cut a U through this gas station, the dude made the left but went to far and ended up on the main road with a median so he had to go all the way down to turn around and by that time we were gone. So then we went to QuikTrip and called up about 8 ppl to get our back and we headed back up to my boys house to see if they were still there. We went and the Integra was nowhere to be found. So we head back out on the road only to see the Integra heading the other way. He saw us and sped up. All 4 of our cars cut a U and followed. We chased him for about 10 minutes doin between 90 and 110. He tried to loose us by make right turns out of the left turning lane and and just hittin his brakes and coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road. None of that **** worked on us. So we continued to chase and we were coming up on the entrance to the apartment where my boy lived. He decided to try and cut into the complex real quik, but he was going too fast and lost it and hit the apartments sign and ****ed his **** up. But not to bad cuz he kept driving into the complex we all followed. But when we got in I saw all the dudes that jacked us waiting on us so I peeled out of the complex heading for the road but I lost the other 3 cars that were with me. So I stoped and waited for a sec. Then I see like 5 cars comin up fast as **** behind me. My boy was like "Oh ****, it's the Po Po!!!" So I started to dip but they had my car blocked in and they all came out of their cars with their guns drawn. So I got out and the cops handcuffed me and put me in the back of the police car. So I was trippin out. They got everyone out of my car and began to question them. After abput 15 minutes they came back to the car I was in and got me out and told me to tell them what happened and if I lied I was going to jail. So I told them everything that happened, no lies or nothin. So they finally took the handcuffs off and told me to go sit on the curb with the rest of my boys. The cops finally figured out what happened and said the dude that wrecked his **** called them and said
it was road rage that made him wreck. In the end I ended up with a ticket for "aggressive driving" which your supposed to go to jail for, but under the circumstances they didn't do it. So we started talkin to the cop and his asked us to go with him and show him where we got jacked at. So we all got in his car and went to the complex and showed him exactly where everything took place and a discription of the dudes that did it. He said I should have just called the cops to begin with, but we ain't really bout that, even though it would have made ALOT more sense. And caused less problems. He also said I should really sell my car and get a new one, cuz my car is pretty well known in gwinnett and if the dudes go to jail their boys will be lookin for my car and me to **** up. But I have to go to court on March 21st for the ticket

Inner Circle - Bad Boys Lyrics
Bad Boys!
What'cha want? What'cha want?
What'cha gonna do when sheriff John Brown come for you

Tell me what'cha ya wanna do, what'cha gonna do

Yeah!

CHORUS
Bad Boys, Bad Boys what'cha gonna do, what'cha gonna do when
they come for you
Bad Boys, Bad Boys what'cha gonna do, what'cha gonna do when
they come for you

When you were 8 and had bad traits you go to school and learn
the golden rule
So why are you acting like a bloody fool, if you get hot then
you must get cool!

(CHORUS)

You chuck it on that one, ya chuck it on this one.
You chuck it on ya mother and ya chuck it on ya father.
You chuck it on ya brother and ya chuck it on ya sister.
And you chuck it on that one and ya chuck it on ME!

(CHORUS x2)

Nobody naw give you no break, Police naw give you no break
Soldier naw give you no break, Not even you idren naw give you
no break
Hehe

(CHORUS x2)

Why did you have to act so mean. Don't you know you're human
being
Born from a mother with the love from a father, reflections come
and reflections go
I know sometimes you want to let go
Hehehe
I know sometimes you want to let go

(CHORUS x2)
(You're too bad, you're too rude)
(You're too bad, you're too rude)

You chuck it on that one, ya chuck it on this one.
You chuck it on ya mother and ya chuck it on ya father.
You chuck it on ya brother and ya chuck it on ya sister.
And you chuck it on that one and ya chuck it on ME!

(CHORUS - repeated until end)

Happy Trails

DJ Pusha said:
So I'm going to jail? :( :confused: :( :confused: :(
Aggressive Driving Law

A person commits the offense of aggressive driving when he/she operates any motor vehicle with the intent to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person. Any person convicted of aggressive driving will be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature and a six point assessment toward the suspension of their drivers license.

Found at site: http://www.gohs.state.ga.us/HEAT/Information_HEAT2.htm

Definition of a Misdemeanor of a High and Aggravated Nature
Like a regular misdemeanor, a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature can only carry a sentence up to 12 months in jail. However, if you receive a jail sentence, the maximum good time credit you can get per month is only 4 days. In other words, in a month with 30 days, you will have to do 26.

Fines can be as high as $5000.

Found at site: http://www.georgiadefenders.com/misdemeanors.htm

Info. site: http://www.statedrivinglaw.com/georgia-driving-law.html

ENASNI

Umm

Could be
First Offense
Possible jail time up to one year
Fine of $300 minimum, up to $1,000
License suspension of up to one year
40 hours of communityservice, minimum mandatory
$200 license reinstatement fee

Better get a lawyer and you and your "boys" take a chill pill.

Scary thing that happened to you, but testosterone can be your worst enemy.

DJ Pusha

Yeah, I have a clean driving and clean criminal record. So should I have a lawyer when I go to court on Monday, or wait and see what happens then if need be I can get a lawyer?

By the way, I'm 17. Don't know if that makes adifference or not.

lwpat

Since you are a minor you cannot represent yourself in court. One of your parents or an attorney will have to be with you.

DJ Pusha

lwpat said:
Since you are a minor you cannot represent yourself in court. One of your parents or an attorney will have to be with you.
Yeah my dad is gonna go with me.

What should I expect??? I've never been to court before.

Happy Trails

DJ Pusha said:
Also no cops witnessed me following the guy, so it's pretty much his word against mine. Right???
The problem I see with that is you told the officer everything that happened. You also were speeding and driving agressively for quite a while. You don't know how many (if any) may have called it in.

If you were my son I would get a lawyer. You may be able to plead to a lesser charge.

DJ Pusha

Happy Trails said:
The problem I see with that is you told the officer everything that happened. You also were speeding and driving agressively for quite a while. You don't know how many (if any) may have called it in.

If you were my son I would get a lawyer. You may be able to plead to a lesser charge.

Yeah. I wish I could get a lawyer, but we just can't afford it right now.

I would really like to plea to a lesser charge that doesn't involve my DL getting suspended.

Also I know for sure that the guy I was following was with the guys that robbed me, but on the police report they wrote up that night it says "Investigation revealed that driver #2 was not involved in the robbery." I was there and the cops didn't investigate anything.

It's all one big mess, even the cop that wrote me the ticket said "Under the circumstances I wouldn't give you the ticket, but since the guy called us, I have to give it to you."

DJ Pusha

Happy Trails said:

Aight. I got a lawyer, but what would be a lesser charge than aggressive drivg???

DJ Pusha

The judge said that there was really no case, but I pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of "driving to fast for road conditions". $100 fine. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">