• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA Ticket- Driving with a suspended license.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The_Stig

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hi all,

I was pulled over last month for a "failure to use correct signal" on the interstate going to work by a Georgia State Patrol officer. I wasn't speeding, swerving or anything of the sort. When he pulled my license he arrested me for a ticket I got all the way back in 2011 and charged with driving on a suspended license. So as you could probably guess, I had NO idea it was suspended. Between that time, I've purchased multiple firearms, both applied and received my license to conceal permit and three years of tag renewals. All three of those should have had red-flags go up so that I not only had a suspended license but also a bench warrant! The original ticket was for failure to stop at a stop sign (that I thought I paid off, but I'm not going to deal with that B.S.). I was locked up for 12 hours and less than a day later after that, I was already at the DDS (DMV in GA) getting my license back because I paid all the outstanding fines I had. Now, my court date is on the 21st of this month and I'm thinking of pleading no contest, NOLO or whatever it's called. I just would like to pay a fine and be on my merry. This was an honest mistake and clearly up until now, I haven't done anything wrong. I've never been arrested before in my life and the worst citation/ticket/whatever is a speeding ticket on my record. I have had three, maybe four in the 10 years I've been driving. I also don't know if I need a lawyer or not, I just graduated from college so funds are a little low at the moment. So I'd like to know what are the options presented to me at this junction.

Thanks in advanced,

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
The REAL Stig would certainly know better than that. :cool:

Pay your fines. Learn to walk or take public transportation (if available-I know it is in Hotlanta).

The_Stig

The REAL Stig would certainly know better than that. :cool:

Pay your fines. Learn to walk or take public transportation (if available-I know it is in Hotlanta).
That doesn't really help. Are you saying that I'll have to pay a fine as well as have a suspended license if I plead no contest?

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">