• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia..Move Over?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kunakiswan

So apparently there is a law that requires one to switch lanes when an emergency vehicle has stopped someone on the road...being from a small rural town..i had no idea about the law. With that in mind, I know i have no excuse for not slowing down while a cop has pulled somebody over. I was just wondering if this violation requires me to go to court? If so, am i charged for having a court case? or am i only charged when i appeal? also, will this violation add points to my record? if so, how will that affect my insurance? any help would be appreciated. i just wish states did a better job of notifying all cities around about the implementation of a state law ...not just the ones that are densely populated...

GoIllini

Is there a court listed on your ticket? This would be a good question for a clerk to answer- assuming the ticket has been filed. Google the court, get the phone number, and plan on calling during business hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">