• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia: Passing a School Bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyd123

Then, have your wife argue that in court. Or, better yet, hire an attorney.
Great advice! I can imagine how difficult it was to rub those two brain cells together to come up with that great advice. Where should I send payment to because I would feel guilty for taking your advice without some sort of monetary compensation.

Thats funny, on a legal advice forum, there has been very little discussion on the law. I challenge the next person to post on this thread to refrain from any personal feelings and actually post something that has relevance to the topic.

--Thomas

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Great advice! I can imagine how difficult it was to rub those two brain cells together to come up with that great advice. Where should I send payment to because I would feel guilty for taking your advice without some sort of monetary compensation.

Thats funny, on a legal advice forum, there has been very little discussion on the law. I challenge the next person to post on this thread to refrain from any personal feelings and actually post something that has relevance to the topic.

--Thomas
Challenge met:

Have your wife argue the point in court. Or, better yet, hire an attorney in court.

CSO286

--Thomas
I couldn't care less about your challenge, though I'm not going to let it stop my from responding.

It's funny how you think that you can dictate to volunteers how they respond.

We get to choose that. And frankly, we're (for the most part) choosing NOT to help you find a way to fight a ticket designed to protect communities from the tragedy of losing a child.

Having attended yesteday the funeral of two small children who died in a truly tragic accident, I sit here and feel sick at the thought of assisting you/your wife to justify why her actions were perfectly fine or why the officer legally could not issue said citation.

Isis1

It is quite unfortunate that the parents of those 26 children did not teach them to look both ways before crossing a street.

While your personal feelings on whether passing a bus is wrong are noted, they were not solicited or welcomed. It is a no-brainer that it is wrong to pass a school bus.

I may be wrong, but I thought I was posting on a forum for Traffic Law. I am sorry to have incorrectly posted in the "what I think is right or wrong, regardless of the law' forum. Can you kindly direct me to the forum that is for legal advice and discussion?

--Thomas
this is by far the most disgusting thing i've seen all day. what part of DISABLED CHILDREN do you not understand? did you know a majority of disabled children do NOT have the control or the ability to process the thought of danger? it will NOT matter how many times i teach my autistic son to cross safely. he does NOT comprehend the thought of a vehicle running him over. you want to blame the child? or the parents?

your wife was in the wrong. there's a sign on the bus. she was reported. instead of worrying about YOU having to pay for it....tell her to handle it.

tommyd123

I couldn't care less about your challenge, though I'm not going to let it stop my from responding.

It's funny how you think that you can dictate to volunteers how they respond.

We get to choose that. And frankly, we're (for the most part) choosing NOT to help you find a way to fight a ticket designed to protect communities from the tragedy of losing a child.

Having attended yesteday the funeral of two small children who died in a truly tragic accident, I sit here and feel sick at the thought of assisting you/your wife to justify why her actions were perfectly fine or why the officer legally could not issue said citation.
You really consider youselves volunteers? I really hope you are just speking for yourself and not others. Sitting behind a screen typing your personal thoughts on a law advise forum is not volunteering. Maybe you need help.

Oh, and you are crazy to think that I can not dictate how you respond. I have been manipulating the you since ohiogal responded. You WILL respond by offering personal views that I could care less(but find highly amusing) about or by contributing to a legal discussion. If I cannot get good advice, then I can sure get off on hearing y'all cry and complain!

And about not choosing to help me, I think that you made it preety clear that you lack the ability to help me even if you wanted to.

My take-away: I made you sick and you don't care about the law. You said it..

--Thomas

Last edited:

Isis1

You really consider youselves volunteers? I really hope you are just speking for yourself and not others. Sitting behind a screen typing your personal thoughts on a law advise forum is not volunteering. Maybe you need help.

Oh, and you are crazy to think that I can not dictate how you respond. I have been manipulating the you since ohiogal responded. You WILL respond by offering personal views that I could care less(but find highly amusing) about or by contributing to a legal discussion. If I cannot get good advice, then I can sure get off on hearing y'all cry and complain!

And about not choosing to help me, I think that you made it preety clear that you lack the ability to help me even if you wanted to.

--Thomas
you cannot tell anyone what they can post on a private website. the only with any authority is admin. which isn't you.

we do care about law. AND children. AND their safety. obvioiusly, all you care about is your money. CSO has more ability to help you. if you could help yourself...what are you doing here?

no one on this site will help you circumvent that law, and just for measure, how to get away with hurting a child. those that have in the past...have beeen banned. tell your wife to pay her own ticket. and her own insurance increase.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I gotta say, I thought you could do a lot better than a lame attempt at reverse psychology and a "Ha ha! You amuse me!"

ETA: Oh, also this: I have been manipulating the you since ohiogal responded. :rolleyes:

--Thomas

Just Blue

--Thomas
www.youneedmentalhelprightaway.com

tommyd123

you cannot tell anyone what they can post on a private website. the only with any authority is admin. which isn't you.

we do care about law. AND children. AND their safety. obvioiusly, all you care about is your money. CSO has more ability to help you. if you could help yourself...what are you doing here?

no one on this site will help you circumvent that law, and just for measure, how to get away with hurting a child. those that have in the past...have beeen banned. tell your wife to pay her own ticket. and her own insurance increase.

Umm, wrong. It is not obvious that I don't care about children and thrie safety. This discussion was not ever about children and safety, it was about the legality of the ticket. My concern for safety and children should not be questioned, but since you brought it up...When this ticket gets thrown out, it will be ammunition for my petition to get the police to LEGALLY enforce traffic law in my neibghorhood. The reason I am even questioning the legality is because I called the police to stop children from driving golfcarts in a dangerous manner, and the cop told me that he can not enforce traffic laws in my development. What am I doing here? Killing time, bored at work, amusement, etc., not unlike anyone else here.

Before I posted here, I knew what kind of people I was dealing with...people who spend their time using a message forum as their own personal soapbox. It's ok, I am one of them too. I mean, it is a free advice forum. You get what you pay for. Thank you all for validating that point.

and just for measure, if no law was broken, then how exactly am I (or giving the impression) that I am circumventing the law?

--Thomas

tommyd123

I recognize and appreciate your efforts as a volunteer. Let's now discuss the letter of the law regarding a traffic ticket my wife received.

--Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So you want to follow the definition of volunteer to the letter even though it is a stretch at most to consider your contribution to this thread a volunteer effort? Ok then, I will play by your rules...I recognize and appreciate your efforts as a volunteer. Let's now discuss the letter of the law regarding a traffic ticket my wife received.

--Thomas
We already did discuss that. Have your wife argue the point in court. Better yet, hire an attorney.

That really is the answer. I'm not sure what else you want.

Just Blue

So you want to follow the definition of volunteer to the letter even though it is a stretch at most to consider your contribution to this thread a volunteer effort? Ok then, I will play by your rules...I recognize and appreciate your efforts as a volunteer. Let's now discuss the letter of the law regarding a traffic ticket my wife received.

--Thomas
Discuss "the letter of the Law" with an ATTORNEY that YOU PAY FOR.

Rude Children, like you, need to pay their own way.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">